Place: Willimantic Library Service Center
Date: February 9th
Time: 10 am
program ideas, prizes (or prize alternatives), great books, and good movies to show.
I just wanted to share our next ECYA meeting will be held on 2/14 (yes – Valentine’s day) at the WLSC at 10 am.
We want to make it fun, so we’re talking about food programs.
Please bring a sample from a food program you’ve successful had – along with the recipe.
I have a Pinterest Board for some ideas that look easy and fun. I’m going to try the Thin Mint Puppy Chow in March.
See you then,
Last week, we talked about our Summer Reading Programs. I mentioned that I’m going with the Groundbreaking Reads theme because I love the art. I’m focusing on zombies and monsters.
I’m going to try this game again. I did it for the Hunger Games but I think it’s super fun.
1. Grab a bunch of items for survival and place on a table
2. At the beginning of the program, have teens choose X number of items
3. Create a story where they have use particular items (A zombie comes at your party and bites everyone. Sally has the medicine, so she’s safe. Peter doesn’t have the medicine. He turns into a zombie. Erin has a spice, which when ground up can stop the venom from seeping into her body, she’s safe too.)
4. Make up a point system and have various winners.
5. You can create a story based on what the teens grabbed and have multiple turns.
* I got the idea from this site
Please remember that our meeting to trade ideas for Summer programs will be held at 10 AM at the Willimantic Service Center on April 13th.
Also, I’ve updated the Summer Reading Page with booklists that I’ll be using this summer.
Please feel free to add in your own topics to the page!