Last week, we talked about our Summer Reading Programs. I mentioned that I’m going with the Groundbreaking Reads theme because I love the art. I’m focusing on zombies and monsters.
I’m going to try this game again. I did it for the Hunger Games but I think it’s super fun.
1. Grab a bunch of items for survival and place on a table
2. At the beginning of the program, have teens choose X number of items
3. Create a story where they have use particular items (A zombie comes at your party and bites everyone. Sally has the medicine, so she’s safe. Peter doesn’t have the medicine. He turns into a zombie. Erin has a spice, which when ground up can stop the venom from seeping into her body, she’s safe too.)
4. Make up a point system and have various winners.
5. You can create a story based on what the teens grabbed and have multiple turns.
* I got the idea from this site